Time wasters

ALB

Time wasters

Post by ALB »

Having played several players on a 90 sec clock and seeing them repeatedly leave their shot until the last few seconds, how about 60 sec max, surely plenty of time to take a shot, even Peter Ebdon could cope with that !

SquaredCue

Re: Time wasters

Post by SquaredCue »

Hi ALB,

That's the point of the shot timer! Set it to 30 or 60 seconds before starting a game or inviting someone. You can also set this timer as default in the preferences (top right corner in the lobby). That way the timer will be auto-set for you whenever you go to an empty table.

ALB

Post by ALB »

Hi Squared cue,

I understand that, i was talking about the default timer if you join a host who hasn't set a timer being reduced to 60 seconds.

SquaredCue

Post by SquaredCue »

There are various preferences, it's impossible to find a single perfect setting for everyone. Most players prefer the no-timer setting, though, because it allows for the occasional phone call / postman / brb cases where the play can continue after a few minutes when the opponent returns.

If you prefer the timered games, simply ask the host to set the 30 / 60 second timer.

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Had a game with ALB last night (read flogging) and offered the 60 sec shot clock (after reading this post minutes earlier). Makes no difference to me I tend to play see it, hit it, sometimes to my detriment but 60 seconds is at least 40 secs longer than I usually need. Never been a fan of the shot clock unless I'm playing a 10 second game for fun but I understand the need for it against some opponents.