last black in off

ROHHAN147

last black in off

Post by ROHHAN147 »

i was in a match yesterday the opponent had an in off on the black and still won?

SquaredCue

Re: last black in off

Post by SquaredCue »

Hi Rohhan,

What were the scores when the in-off happened? Who was the opponent? Do you remember what time it was when this happened?

ROHHAN147

Post by ROHHAN147 »

around this time yesterday opponent i dont remember i needed snookers i remember he was in the lead...generelly where i play in real the opponent can be ahead but a in off on the last black is frame lost

SquaredCue

Post by SquaredCue »

Thanks for the clarification!

The rule saying that an in-off on the last black is a frame loss regardless of the scores must be a local rule.

The official rules, followed also by SnookerQ as accurately as possible, clearly say that the winner of the frame is generally the player with the most points. There are special cases like concession, unsportsmanlike behavior or the more realistic case of failing to hit the ball on three times in a foul and a miss situation where the ball on can be hit full ball, but your case looks like a simple case where the winner was the player who had more points in the end, even after adding 7 points to your score after the final foul.

Snooker rules can be tricky or complicated to follow in certain situations, especially if one is used to some local rule variants. Your post is therefore very valuable as it may be helpful for others in case they face similar situations.

Thanks for the post and you are welcome to bring any other interesting or suspicious cases.

ROHHAN147

Post by ROHHAN147 »

thanks cheers