Run game on Linux

szabi7

Run game on Linux

Post by szabi7 »

Downloaded the game, made it executable, got errors like this:
./SnookerQ-0.1.170-x86_64.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

./SnookerQ-0.1.170-x86_64.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.1.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am trying to install this dependencies step by step but maybe there are hundreds of it :).
Can anybody provide a script which installs all this libraries needed on a fresh install of ubuntu 20 ?

SquaredCue

Re: Run game on Linux

Post by SquaredCue »

Hello szabi7,

Thanks for reporting the issue. The libraries you mentioned are packaged in the AppImage (see contents with ./SnookerQ-0.1.170-x86_64.AppImage --appimage-extract) but as your case shows, they are not taken from the AppImage specific usr/lib directory for some reason.

We will check this issue but until the final solution is found, you can use the libraries from the squashfs-root/usr/lib directory.

szabi7

Re: Run game on Linux

Post by szabi7 »

Thank you for your support, actually i don't have ubuntu but something very similar (https://termbin.com/79q1).

I really appreciate that the game is available on linux.
I will extract the image and add the lib folder to the system path to check it out.