Screen going black and computer unresponsive.

J420

Screen going black and computer unresponsive.

Post by J420 »

Recently when I'm running the software (usually in the middle of a best of 3 match), my computer screen turns black and my computer become completely unresponsive to anything, even Alt+Ctrl+Del.
I'm not having this issue with any other software on my computer, I have up to date drivers and I've got 16GB of RAM.
It's a shame cause in my opinion SnookerQ is the best snooker game out there! :cry:

ZORRO

Re: Screen going black and computer unresponsive.

Post by ZORRO »

Hi J420, sounds like a PC issue to me, but don`t give up on SnookerQ as I`m sure someone more techy than me will be able to sort it out for you. Z

Wizard

Re: Screen going black and computer unresponsive.

Post by Wizard »

Hey mate thanks for the good description and the fact it only happens in this game. That has answered a few questions from the start so I suspect it will be more of a program that clashes with this one (security set too high kind of a thing). With 16gb of ram I doubt it is an out of memory issue.

Are you running any kind of antivirus/antimalware program that might be seeing this as dodgy?

You did say "in the middle of a match" that suggests it's okay when it starts are you multi tasking while you play?