new 688 flavour March 2nd

budweiser

new 688 flavour March 2nd

Post by budweiser »

I had trouble with the previous version not booting the .exe file in W11 (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=99)

Similar problem for the 688 flavour, even though all other ,exe in my DOWNLOAD folder work fine.

I managed to get it working though a few steps as below. Not sure if all of them were actually needed but maybe this might help anyone else or might give one of the clever code writers an idea:

1) Uninstalled previous version (not normally necessary)
2) Paused by anti-virus
3) right click on the .exe, go to PROPERTIES, COMPATIBILITY, RUN COMPATIBILITY TROUBLESHOOTER, and run from there.

Any thoughts?

SquaredCue

Re: new 688 flavour March 2nd

Post by SquaredCue »

It looks like you have to battle against the Windows operating system to allow you running an app. Hopefully, when the released executables get the proper digital signature / certificate, everything will be much smoother.

Your summary about the workaround is very good and as you said, it might help some fellow players, too. Thanks for sharing it!

Wizard

Re: new 688 flavour March 2nd

Post by Wizard »

About the only thing I might add to that is try "right-clicking" the .exe file and choose Run As Administrator
I find the built in AV for Windows 11 is more than adequate but if you want to run a 3rd party AV maybe see if you can add the .exe to the exceptions list
Lastly make sure your windows updates are up to date including the optional driver updates