Why players think i am a fake account

Discuss anything...
GSandler

Why players think i am a fake account

Post by GSandler »

Hello,
Recently other Pro players think that i am a fake account, i play not bad because i play snooker in real life, i understand how physics works.
I am new to SnookerQ PC game but not in snooker generally.
How can i proof that i am not a fake account, is anyone had the same experience?

Thanks.

Dizzy

Re: Why players think i am a fake account

Post by Dizzy »

Welcome to SQ,
Just ignore the moaners you get that from a few players on here, but dont let it get to you.
Give it time and you will see who are the ones to avoid and add the one you do like to your friends list. ;)

GSandler

Post by GSandler »

Thank you for your advice.
It's just annoying and unfair, i played with this guy and i was about to win, but then he started to write those things and i just told him that he can win and i miss the ball in purpose, just to proof that i am not a fake, but he still continued to write those things. Frustrating...
Ok, thank you, i will try to ignore them.

SquaredCue

Post by SquaredCue »

Hi,

As Dizzy said, feel free to put friends or simply players you liked to play against on your friend list, this way you will get an instant notification when they come online.

On the other hand, it is perfectly all right to put players on your blocked list. If there is no problem with their game, only with their words, then you can ignore their chat and private messages and you can still play against them. If the case is more serious, you can block a player fully, so they cannot invite you and you cannot invite them either.

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Don't even think of missing on purpose. You play your best and if the opponent doesn't like it too bad that's their problem. This is always going to be an issue with any game where you have some smarts, and you win games at a low level until you get to where your real level is. Some people can see that and accept it, but some others are looking for someone else to blame when they get beaten (often because they played you expecting a cheap win).
On face value a low level might look like an easy win but sometimes their best mate that they play a lot is a high level, so their rating doesn't improve much despite their obvious ability.
True ability will eventually tell the story but it's always tricky to start at base level and convince people you are not some sort of hacker just because you have skills.

SquaredCue

Post by SquaredCue »

Wizard wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:10 pm
their best mate that they play a lot is a high level, so their rating doesn't improve much
Actually, the ÉLŐ rating system does a good job even if someone plays only his mate. If that mate is higher rated, most of the games will be won by the mate but only a few points are awarded each time. From time to time the lower rated player wins and in that case he will get a lot of points. SnookerQ uses a slightly adjusted variant of the ÉLŐ (ELO) rating system where it is guaranteed that the winner always gets at least one rating point, even if the rating difference is huge.

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

SquaredCue wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:28 pm
Wizard wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:10 pm
their best mate that they play a lot is a high level, so their rating doesn't improve much
Actually, the ÉLŐ rating system does a good job even if someone plays only his mate. If that mate is higher rated, most of the games will be won by the mate but only a few points are awarded each time. From time to time the lower rated player wins and in that case he will get a lot of points. SnookerQ uses a slightly adjusted variant of the ÉLŐ (ELO) rating system where it is guaranteed that the winner always gets at least one rating point, even if the rating difference is huge.
Pretty much what I was trying to say. You might be sitting low but that doesn't necessarily indicate your skill level. Like Patsy in AbFab would say just do your best sweetie!!