Have you ever met anyone in real life?

Discuss anything...
BIG-G

Have you ever met anyone in real life?

Post by BIG-G »

Just a post to try and get some player interaction.

Have you met an online player in real life and if so how did you get the know the person?

I will start the ball rolling.

I met Phil via a similar (but not half as good) game.

I have met Phil_Morecambe on 3 occasions.

Once at a snooker gathering in Doncaster.

Once on a charter boat going out into the North Sea when we sailed from Bridlington in East Yorkshire.

And once when Phil was going out on a charter boat and I rode up on my motorbike and had a quick chat before he sailed.

Join in for fun folks.

Regards
G

Juggernaut

Re: Have you ever met anyone in real life?

Post by Juggernaut »

I met someone from another snooker game who lived local to me and was the same age as me. We had a lot in common and thought we'd meet up and have a few games of snooker. We met up a couple of times and are still in contact. No point sharing his name because you won't know him :mrgreen:

Phil_Morecambe

Post by Phil_Morecambe »

We had a good time too, Doncaster was amazing too. Thanks for the memories G.

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Got together with a mate from the UK who was visiting relatives here just North of Perth. Played a few frames on a real table and neither of us went great but he was clearly the better player on the night. Nice to catch up with someone I had played many times online and put a face to the name.

I have video chatted with a couple of the guys here that I have known for many years, but I guess that doesn't really count.