is luck allowed ?

Discuss anything...
sacko7

is luck allowed ?

Post by sacko7 »

Hello forum, I joined SnookerQ about 4 days ago, I have been utilising the practice mode and have had about 8 or 9 games. I HAVE NOT won a game or frame as yet. I started a game this morning with a player who was ranked in the low hundreds and I was having a good game, I think that my break was around 25, I was surprised too, when I received a message from my opponent that I had obviously played before and that he was going to report me, and then proceeded to swear as in *****. I conceded the frame as this person was getting upset, Are you not allowed to have a good game, obviously with lady luck helping?
Disappointed

SquaredCue

Re: is luck allowed ?

Post by SquaredCue »

Hi sacko7,

Thanks fr the notice! We are sorry for the bad experience. We will handle the case appropriately.
Should you face similar situations, you can simply click the Report Abuse button in the top right corner of the table chat area and mods/admins will be informed about it immediately.

Hopefully, you can play many more opponents and have a great time.

GLHF

BIG-G

Post by BIG-G »

sacko7 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:01 am
Hello forum, I joined SnookerQ about 4 days ago, I have been utilising the practice mode and have had about 8 or 9 games. I HAVE NOT won a game or frame as yet. I started a game this morning with a player who was ranked in the low hundreds and I was having a good game, I think that my break was around 25, I was surprised too, when I received a message from my opponent that I had obviously played before and that he was going to report me, and then proceeded to swear as in *****. I conceded the frame as this person was getting upset, Are you not allowed to have a good game, obviously with lady luck helping?
Disappointed
Hi sacko7
I have been playing a few months now on here but used to play elsewhere. I am by no means a good player but play for fun.

If you have a good run it is brilliant. And all credit to you.

There is no need at all for an opponent to start being abusive and to be honest on here it is a rarity.
Like SquaredCue said if you are subject to abuse then please feel free to press the "report abuse" button.

Please do not be put off by an issue like this because 99.9% of the players on here are here for fun.

You do not have to concede if you are winning.........

Good luck in all your games and most of all have fun.

Regards
G

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Hi sacko7

I can tell you that if luck was not allowed I would most certainly not be here as I am almost famous for it ;)
Happy to play you any time mate and if you get lucky we'll just have a laugh about it and play on okay?

Like my mates have said don't put up with that abusive stuff just report it and definitely do not concede the game (I don't even know where the concede button is). Even the pros pop in a lucky one now and then it's just the rub of the green.

Enjoy your games and look me up if you fancy a frame I am happy to play anyone regardless of if they get lucky or not. You just got unlucky there to draw someone with a bad attitude as most of the players here are friendly and playing for fun.

sacko7

Post by sacko7 »

Thanks all for the encouragement. Question: when I want a game and want to invite someone who is in the lobby but not playing , how do you do it ?
Cheers to all

SquaredCue

Post by SquaredCue »

sacko7 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:41 am
invite someone ... how do you do it ?
At the table, click the People / Invite button or press CTRL-P. Click the player name in the list and click on the Invite button in the lower left corner.

Or simply type the /invite playername command in the chat area.

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut »

Hi sacko7,

https://snookerq.com/snooker-faqs#invite

Hope this helps.

pobzy

Post by pobzy »

Absolutely, it's part of the game. Until you play blowy.

SquaredCue

Post by SquaredCue »

The latest release introduced the blocking function, you can use it for blocking any messages from players who start to behave inappropriately. You can still report the abuse but simply turning their chat / PM invisible may solve some issues during the game.

Read more about the blocking function on the website: https://snookerq.com/blocklist