Billiards

Discuss anything...
steveb

Billiards

Post by steveb »

would it be fairly easy for the developers to have a Billiard mode ?
and if so how many players would welcome this addition ?

SquaredCue

Re: Billiards

Post by SquaredCue »

Hi steveb,

We created this game because we love the game of snooker and it is a great pleasure to offer it to people who like to play it, to play snooker, the finest cue sport of them all! We believe that by playing our game the users can be faced with similar situations as real professional players on real snooker tables. It's been a long and thorough, iterative procedure to arrive to a good balance of realism and playability, to meaningful difficulty levels on pro and club. We've payed a lot of attention to implement the official rules as closely as possible in a PC game. It really is our love of the game that drives us.

Sadly, we don't have that feeling with the game of English Billiards. The fact that billiards is played on the same snooker table with the same balls makes it an obvious option to be able to play also that game here. All I can say is that it's not ruled out, English Billiards may come in the future if there is popular request for it. Maybe it's also a good game, after all? ;)

steveb

Post by steveb »

Thanks SQ for your very detailed reply,

i totally understand your points and I agree that your game is very realistic and by far the best snooker game available.

I only asked due to me going in off some much i thought i could get into the top 3 if it was possible to have Billiards as an option lol.

Keep up the good work

Regards
Steve

WitteChoco

Post by WitteChoco »

Prior to reading your post, Steve, I had never heard of this game. Coincidently I played a few frames of rl snooker yesterday. At the end we tried a bit of this billiards variant. It was so much fun!!

So yes, I'd like to support Steves suggestion. Of course, with all respect for SQ's response! But IF you guys decide to do it, you have my support ;)

avithour

Post by avithour »

Hey everyone,

my opinion would be to keep it Snooker centric for now.
Why? Because this game is fairly new and needs alot of work to be done on the Snooker mode itself.

About billiards, it could be introduced once the main mode is completely working fine without any bugs.
That's my opinion, let's try to make this game popularize :D

CharlyK

Post by CharlyK »

I would welcome an English Billiards game, but no one plays it anymore in Canada. I prefer Canadian Skittles Billiards with features from Snooker, English Billiards, and Pin Billiards, requiring smooth strokes and great cueball control. A great way to improve your Snooker game.

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I like billiards hell I like any game on a snooker table. Got my own table and when my son was still living with me we would have a marathon night best of 3 Snooker, Billiards, Pool and 9 ball. Good fun different skills required to deliberately play to go in off and canons (Billiards) so yeah in short I would deffo play if it was an option